Leadership is a difficult quality to define but one that is essential to the success of any team or organisation.
Leadership requires a vision for the future, an ability to see what’s going on right now and personal qualities that bring others to follow you. Everyone is different and leads in a different way. Our workshop provides the opportunity for participants to explore their own authentic and individual leadership style.
This workshop will introduce tools and techniques for influencing as a leader, exploring ways to motivate and inspire others.
- Discuss the qualities and strengths of an effective leader
- Recognise different styles within your team and how to manage and motivate
- Improve your ability to deal with difficult people and situations
- Implement clear and achievable workplans to reach your goals
- Be able to prioritise and manage your work effectively
- Understand how to give effective feedback and manage performance
- Be able to delegate and set clear expectations
- What is leadership?
- Recognise traits of highly effective leaders
- Recognise your behavioural style and others’ behavioural styles (team, colleagues, managers) and respond accordingly
- Covey’s Time Management Matrix for prioritising
- SMART goal and objective setting
- Implement practical team work plans
- Use project methodology to achieve long term tasks/projects
- Create a supportive work environment
- Guidelines for receiving and giving feedback
- Provide positive and constructive feedback
- What is delegation?
- Benefits of delegation
- Steps to delegating effectively
- Devising a work delegation plan