Duration: 1 Day
Managers need to develop performance management skills to ensure their staff perform effectively. This involves identifying skills, setting clear objectives, and measuring team and individual performance. Staff who understand what is expected of them are more motivated and perform more effectively.
Who Should Attend?
Managers who wish to develop their teams’ full potential, enabling their staff to exceed even their own personal expectations.
Outcomes for Participants
- How to identify, encourage and enhance effective behaviour at work
- How to plan, structure, and run the performance appraisal meeting
- Understand the limitations of performance management
- Deal with difficult situations and handling different staff reactions
- Understand the benefits of coaching and mentoring
- Performance management process
- Performance management versus Performance appraisal
- Setting performance measures
- Monitoring performance
- Giving constructive feedback
- Communication skills
- Appraisal meetings
- Performance counselling
- Maintaining motivation