Duration: 1 Day
This one day course is for team leaders/managers to gain an understanding of their leadership style and behaviours, in order to effectively supervise others effectively. It takes participants through providing practical solutions to managing and leading people in a workplace.
Outcomes for Participants
- Understand the role and expectations of leaders
- Recognise your own leadership style and its effectiveness
- Mange and lead people through change
- Implement clear and achievable objectives to achieve goals
- Utilise effective communication strategies to lead constructive teams
- Deliver constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Understand the application of delegation
Roles and Responsibilities of Leaders
- What is leadership?
- Seven habits of highly effective leaders
- Understand your leadership style, and its impact on staff.
Goal Setting and Planning
- Objective setting process
- SMART goal setting
- Team goals setting process
- William Bridges –Model of Change
- Natural stages of change
- Steps to leading people through change
Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Creating a supportive work environment
- Guidelines for receiving and giving feedback
- Providing positive and constructive feedback.
- What is delegation?
- Benefits of delegation
- Steps to delegating effectively
- Devising a work delegation plan