Essential Skills for EAs and Administrators
Duration: 1 Day
Effective communication and influencing skills helps Executive Assistants / Administrators maximise their personal and professional potential by developing their “soft skills”. This includes self-awareness, assertiveness, communicating with confidence and handling conflict.
This course for EAs and Administrators will provide participants with a thorough understanding of the skills exceptional EAs and administrators consistently demonstrate. It will also outline steps for increasing your own creditability, and most importantly provide you with strategies for supporting your manager/s.
Outcomes for Participants
- Develop the skills and attributes of a highly effective EA /Administrator
- Enhance the productivity of the manager / team and ensure the smooth running of the department
- Plan, organise, and manage time more effectively
- Communicate confidently and effectively with both colleagues and clients
- Deal effectively with difficult people and situations
- Understand the importance of work/life balance
What Makes a Successful EA / Administrator?
- Defining your role and what is required of a highly proficient EA /Administrator
- Projecting a confident and professional image
Understanding your Manager’s Role
- How you and your manager can work together to build a team
- Balancing the demands of more than one manager
Practical Time and Self-management
- The steps to effective time management – setting realistic deadlines.
- Managing your own and your manager’s time
- Prioritising and planning
Communicating Effectively through Assertiveness
- Effective listening and questioning skills
- Identifying passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour
- Saying ‘no’ without feeling guilty
Handling Difficult Behaviours, People & Situations
- Identifying and dealing with the underlying causes of difficult behaviour
- Increasing your own self-awareness by examining your DISC behavioural style
- Adopting an appropriate approach in a variety of situations
- Creating a Work/Life balance