Dealing with Difficult People
Duration: 1 Day or 2 Days
Dealing with difficult people in the workplace is probably the greatest challenge you will face as an employee. Finding ways to deal with difficult people is a core survival skill in today’s workplace.
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to be more confident and professional when dealing with difficult people and situations at work – customers, colleagues or supervisors.
Outcomes for Participants
- Strengthen relationships through the use of effective communications skills
- Understand the significance of emotional intelligence
- Resolve conflict and deadlocks with difficult people through assertiveness and active listening
- Recognize different behavioural styles, and respond accordingly to achieve successful outcomes
- Manage and defuse confrontational situations
- Provide constructive feedback in difficult situations.
- What is a ‘difficult person’?
- Why are they difficult?
- Diversity of values
- Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict cycle
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Listening and questioning techniques
- Recognise your behavioral styles, and that of others
- Control emotions
- Assertiveness techniques
- Give and receive feedback