Communicating Across Generations
Duration: 1 Day
Communicating with the different generations creates a variety of challenges in the workplace. Motivating and getting the best performance out of people from the different generations is essential for productivity within organisations. Strategies that work for Generation X may not necessarily be effective for Generation Y.
This one day program is provides practical tools for building teams, motivating and retaining, and communicating across generations.
Outcome for Participants
- Understand what shapes the perspective of the three different generations; Baby Boomers, Generation X and Generation Y.
- Identify the values and beliefs of each generation.
- Employ communication techniques designed to “break through” the generational barriers, and work effectively in teams.
- Engage effective motivational techniques for each generation.
- Gain insights in managing Generation Y in organisations
- Develop strategies towards building a multi-generational workforce
- Identifying the Generations
- Baby Boomers, Generation X, Generation Y
- Recognising the value of diversity
- What has influenced each Generation
- What were their influences
- Beliefs and values of each generations
- Dispelling generational myths
- Motivating and Communicating with each Generation
- How is each generation motivated
- Techniques for motivating across the generations
- Communicating with influence
- Managing Generation Y
- What is different about Generation Y
- How do they need to be managed
- Building a Multi-Generational Workplace
- Developing practical work strategies specific to each generation
- Identifying commonalities across generations