Coaching Skills for High Performance
Duration: 1 Day
There is an increasing demand on managers at all levels to improve performance in the workplace. One of the most powerful ways for a manager to improve performance is through coaching people on their team. Coaching is now viewed as a fundamental part of a manager’s role.
This practical hands-on course gives strategies and techniques for identifying key areas where there is a need for coaching, planning the coaching, carrying out coaching, arranging for practice and assessing the improved performance.
Outcomes for Participants
- Apply coaching techniques to unlock employee potential and maximise performance
- Harness the art of coaching to forge collaborative relationships
- Structure a framework for mutually effective learning and development
- Develop the coaching skills, attitudes and behaviours to foster success at all levels
- Recognise and adapt to individual and situational differences
- Create a positive, supportive environment that generates commitment and enthusiasm
- What is coaching?
- Benefits of coaching
- Characteristics of successful coaches
- Guidelines for conducting successful coaching sessions
- Creating the right climate for coaching
- Developing a coaching plan
- The coaching process – G. R.O.W Model
- Adapting your coaching style to individuals and situations
- Coaching skills, tips and hints
- Developing a coaching contract
- Reviewing the results and follow up.